Equestrian activities to support teaching
San José Riding Centre wants to introduce kids to the world of horses, through a series of activities organized by our staff. Students will get acquainted with horses and experience firsthand the excitement of outdoor sports.
Horse riding to support teaching
We dedicate all our energy, time and effort make people know this beautiful animal which is the horse. School classes can enjoy our yard and horses in an active, playful and educational way. Concurrently kids will learn about environment protection.
To our mind horse riding can be a complementary activity within the educational project of schools, adding value to the students' training.
That's why we open our riding centre to schools and pupils: Our instructors teach all tasks to be performed so that the horses are in good conditions. Students will learn how to clean, brush, bath, saddle, feed and ride horses.
In summer we additionally organize intensive lessons, from Monday to Friday, where children learn how to take care of a horse.
Program (for guidance only) for school viits to San José Yard:
9:30 to 10:15 am:
- Reception of students and presentation of instructors
- Introduction to riding
- Presentation of the yard
- Students and instructors group photo
10:15 to 10:30 am:
- Getting acquainted with the world of horses: Release of a horse in the arena
10:30 to 11:00 am:
- The yard
- The boxes (where horses live)
- Our 4 different sized arenas
- Prairies: A short walk through the paddocks and olive groves observing our mares.
11:00 – 12:00 am:
- Introduction to different horse breeds
- What horses eat
- About horse bedding and how to keep it clean
- Hygiene, maintenance, horse brush, cleaning and grease treatment of helmets
- Horse equipment, saddle a horse, how to prepare a horse for riding
12:00 – 12:15 am:
- Exhibition of a classical dreassage exercise
12:15 – 12:45 am:
- Visit to the Carriage Museum
1:30 - 2:45 pm:
- Lunch at the Carriage Museum or at Villa Nazules Hotel
3:15 – 4:30 pm:
- Each student will be given a ride on a horse, on a fenced track and secured by monitor. We will photograph each student and send the pictures in subsequent days to teachers for distribution to all students.
In the following days we will also send the teachers diplomas with the name of each student certifying that he/she went on horseback.